Printmaking with plants.
Thur 6 Aug 2020 1 Day. £85.
* if you prefer, you may contact me to book a place via the contacts page
Using plants for printmaking makes the most of their lovely detailed and varied patterns.
During this 1 day workshop, you will:
- learn some basic colour theory in order to mix a variety of coloured inks
- how to roll on and print using a press.
- print a variety of coloured backgrounds on which to print a second layer of plant prints
- choosing from a range of plant material you will learn how to make prints that are formed around the plants and also printing with the inked up plants.
- a third layer of printing can also be applied to make multi- layered plant-based prints.
- You will take home a series of colourful prints that can either be made into greetings cards or framed for the wall (or perhaps used as a background for a linocut made on one of the other workshops or at home).
4.00 Finishing up.
Refreshments. Lunch (homemade soup, bread, cheeses, fruit) and tea, coffee and homemade cake are all included. Please let me know if there are foods that you need to avoid.
Accommodation - please contact me for information about places to stay in the area.
Course materials. All materials are included.
What to bring. Wear old clothes. Apron